Monday, February 7, 2011

Dress tutorial coming soon :)

So maybe I am kind of a nerd, but every Saturday practically since she a couple of months old, I have loved to try to make it a goal to make Ellie a dress for church on Sunday. Whether or not she wears it that week (because she has cute store bought clothes too!) doesn't matter as much. Sometimes, I design it myself, sometimes I take something I have bought and copied it, and sometimes I will use a pattern. Its been fun thinking of new things, using fabric up that I have on stash (I rarely buy) and challenging myself to learn new things!

This Saturday, I used up some velvet I had here. I took two different dress ideas and combined them into one. The whole time I was sewing, I kept telling myself to go get the camera to make a tutorial but since I was kind of winging it, I didn't feel like I should write down the process. I think this almost every time, and then regret it. If I followed through with those thoughts, I think i would have a ton of tutorials up! Argh!

So this time, I am going to go ahead and remake it so that I can do a tutorial. ;) It  won't be anything fancy, but I love when people share their ideas and processes, why wouldn't I want to do the same?

Here is a sneak peek!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails