This morning, I went out to see whats going on in the garden and found some good surprises and bad surprises.
What I lost:
- most of my herbs. i think only the mint, basil, and maybe oregano and parsley made it. the oregano and parsley hanging out by a thread.
- pumpkins (really dont want to break this to Jaden)
- marigolds by the tomato plants
- all my flowers in pots.
What I found doing super well:
- weeds. UGH!
- lettuce (which shocked me because lettuce isnt fond of heat)
- carrots (another shocker)
- cucumbers are blooming like wild
- green beans
- a new little circle pepper (not sure why they always grow in a ring like that when it was supposed to be jalepeno)
- and lots of new tomatoes with the old ones getting bigger
everything else is so-so.
We planted 4 different types of sunflowers which are blooming now and have gotten to be as tall as me or taller. I am going to even have to stake some because they wanted to bloom before their stalks were sturdy enough.
The first type we planted was the one I took a picture of here...a standard sunflower
The second is a giant sunflower, which are what we grew last year.
These are the autumn bouquet Sunflower...all different colors on one stalk
And finally is the Vanilla Ice Sunflower:
So nice to look out our two windows and see these "bouquets" of cheery happy sunflowers!Pin It