I wanted to post the list of cookies I made this year so that next year I would remember what all I did. Every year, Christmas baking is a big deal in our house. Now that we have a little Christmas/New Year's Birthday Girl with a BIG sweet tooth, the baking doesn't stop at Christmas! I will share her birthday celebration soon, and I am not including everything that was made the week after Christmas, but here's a list of goodies the month of Christmas.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (made three different times), I use Nestle's recipe. I got a great big bag of chocolate chips from my inlaws and a cookie jar handpainted by my father in law.
- Cake Mix Sugar cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate chip cookies *made with cake mix again
- Pumpkin cookies
- Snickerdoodle bars
- Eggnog cookies You will need to add more flour
- No bake cookies (made twice)
- Peanut butter cookies (made twice from The Art & Soul of Baking, this is my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe ever)
- Sugar Cookies (made twice) Royal Icing Frosting recipe too.
- Candy Cane cookies (made three times, oh boy)
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Peppermint patties, this was a first year making them and they were excellent!
Seriously scared of stepping on the scale! Thank goodness we gave a lot away! And thank goodness I got new running shoes!
The little treat bags I made were done with white staz-on, a stamp and torn fabric strips to tie the cello bags together :)