Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Newborn Frame

When I had my first baby, I was selling Stampin' Up! and big into paper crafts. I think paper crafting will always be my first love.

I had a very difficult labor that resulted in an emergency c-section with him. I was very out of it and at the time wasn't thinking clear enough to get those great pictures you see everywhere these days of people's newborns still in the hospital, not that I could have if I wanted to. He was definitely my most difficult birth, and it was hard on both of us.

So a month or so after I had him, I saw an idea in one of the many portrait studio ads we were being bombarded with, and thought, "hey, I could do that with one of our hospital photos!"  As I looked through our photos, I realized how few shots we got of our sweet baby boy. Of course, as new parents, we got a lot, but not exactly what I was needing.

The more I thought about it though, I came to the conclusion that the "quality of the picture" wasn't as important as the "memory" of the picture, resulting in this sweet picture of our baby boy, fresh into the world.


This was down with a Stampin' Up! hand print stamped on matboard. I then printed out his name and birth year on vellum and attached with black eyelets. I glued on his picture straight to the matboard and placed in the frame. 


Then when we had our second, I did the same, alternating the hand print. Now that we have three, I wish I had kept all of the hands going the same direction.


And then when we had our daughter, I did a pink hand, but everything else, including the font stayed the same.

The pictures might not be the most spectacular, but the events and the babies that they capture sure are!

Pin It Pin It

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

these turned out BEAUTIFULLY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails