Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Keepin' it real.

Not every project I attempt turns out.

I was trying to make coasters today for the living room and it was a big flop. I guess they were cut too small and the material was too thick because when I got to the last step, it all fell apart.

I guess I will have to make a quilt for the living room and put these squares in it so they don't go to waste.. I will have to go buy more potholders, so hopefully there wasnt a mad stampede for them since last night!

This was the first time appliquéing the birds like this. These are also the same birds I hand drew for that tray I did. Kind of made it up as I went along.

Materials used:

Heat n' bond and iro
brown thread
fat quarter quilting fabric in brown
clearance potholders cut apart. (I thought I was so slick for these at 50 cents a piece...too bad thats what ruined it.)

Result:

Poooooooor sad bird. :( Pin It

3 comments:

Michelle Devine said...

AHHHH! Hes so cute too.

Chris said...

I love it though. Love how you're "keepin' it real."

sherry said...

He is a cute bird though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails