Then I stumbled upon a 15 dollar mirror on clearance from 70.00 at Tuesday Morning and thought it would be perfect for the project! But then I couldn't really think of a place to put it so I left it and moved on.
Since we have been rearranging our daughter's room, my husband decided that the closet (which had mirror doors) should be more of a play area and took the mirror doors out. Hmm, that means there was no more mirrors in her room. Light bulb!
The next day, I rushed back over to Tuesday morning and made a beeline to the back of the store to see if they still had it. I was pretty excited about it and snatched it right up. Grabbed some spray paint on the way home and got to work. I decided to skip the acid mirror process because I wanted something a little more simpler in her room, but its definitely a possibility later on down the road.
Here's the before:
Hard to see here but besides it being completely disgusting and had stickers all over the glass part, there were knicks and scratches in the frame. I cleaned it up, then taped off for painting.
Did a couple of coats to get it nice and smooth.
Then hung it up. Easy way to update a mirror and make it to suit your needs.
And as for the closet....here's how it looks now. I got the fabric in the red tag which was an additional 50% off at JoAnn's. Bought 2 1/2 yards which made it 8 dollars. It has a pretty monotone striped design on it and its a nice weight. We put a spring rod inside the frame and then tied it back when we want it open. It really transformed the look of the whole room.