Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weekly Yard Sale "Frugal Finds"

I was talking to my sister in law the other day about how I have been finding really good deals on the way home from taking my son to school and thought maybe it would be fun to do a weekly blog post on what I find!  I have been trying to remember to have a bit of cash on me at the end of the week, and it's a little perk to taking my son to school.

I will do the last two weeks and go from there!

Two weeks ago, at 1 yard sale (I only hit ones that are on the way home, and I try not to go out of the way) I found:


a complete pirate ship set


building shapes


3 gallon ziplock bags of train tracks and a wooden train


interfacing, elastic (some of it was old and already tossed before picture taken) and zippers

Total Spent: 16.00 


I thought these were great deals! The pirate ship set is probably the most played with toy right now along with their legos. Definitely worth 7.00

And then last week's finds wasn't as impressive but I will still share:


they were so excited for these because of the star wars legos. at first she wanted 5 but i was willing to ask for 3, she offered 2!


cheap clothes for Ellie that I can embellish and flare up

Total spent: 3.00

So there's what I have found over the last couple of weeks. To some, it may not be very impressive. My mother in law is a PRO at finding good stuff! I know the key is to hit a lot more than I am doing, but I think its a fun little way to perk up the weekend!

Happy Yard Sale finds!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails