Sunday, January 11, 2009

embroidery

I have always loved looking at embroidery. I have a beautiful tea towel set that Micah's grandmother made for me when we got married. I have a quilt that my grandma made me when we got married, and some pillowcases from both of these grandmas too. Both of the boys have a quilt that my mom embroidered, and Jaden has one that my grandma embroidered. None of these are used in our house because I dont want anything to happen to any of it! Haha!

I recently got into it for myself and am having so much fun! My mom had taught me a few of the embroidery stitches last year when I made a stocking for Jaden, and it has helped me get started. 

I had this pattern from Micah's grandma, but it wasn't transferring, so Micah drew it on for me. I was pretty impressed with his skills.

It's my very first attempt at embroidery, and I still have the filling in on the birds to finish, but I think its so pretty so far!

I am enjoying looking around online at different patterns. There are some realllly cute vintage ones out there!  I think I am going to try to make my own of a chandelier and hang it in our bedroom. Modernize it up a bit. 
Pin It

6 comments:

Kim D. said...

Hi Rebecca,
So I think I would like to go with the full apron just because that would be more visible behind the counters at the craft fairs. I love all the pockets and contrasting waistband with the ruffle at the bottom. But could we eliminate the ruffle at the top, I don't like anything near my neck and I'm afraid that comes up to high for me? I'm pretty open to fabrics, you use such cute one's in all your designs and i think you can get a good gage
of our likes from our blog. Let me know what you think and how much
they will cost. I would like two if possible.
Thanks so much,
Kim

Sparklinbecks said...

Definitely can do a full one without the top ruffle!

Do you want both of them to be the exact same?

The full and half aprons are both 25 each.

Devon said...

Is there anything you cant do girl...you are far better then Martha Stewart...you should have your own show...great job on the embroidery..

Sparklinbecks said...

haha! thanks Devon! you're so sweet!

Kim D. said...

Yes lets have them matching. $25 sounds good, do you need me to prepay? If so I'll be out of commission for a few days and back on Saturday so we can arrange payment for then if you need it. I'm excited to see what you come up, I love so many of your goodies. If my kids were alittle younger I would definately need one of those crayon carriers...so fun! Thanks a bunch. Kim

Sparklinbecks said...

Hey Kim! I usually collect payment before orders, let me know when you get back!

rebecca_tresler@hotmail.com

thanks! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails