Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My very first oil painting.

Well I survived my first class! It was a very long day (I have been dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck that gives me awful headaches for months now...not fun) but I do think that it was really worth it.

I took pictures step by step so i can break it down when I try to paint again, but I do think it was a great class to take to start out. I was the only one in the class who had never painted before, so it was hard sometimes to keep up with everyone. It was so daunting to start out with this canvas that had barely no marks on it, and just go for it. There were a couple of times I almost punch a hole through it (ok not really...maybe though...) or threw it across the room, but I stuck it through and finished it and didnt even have to go get a paint by numbers after all! :) I will definitely be doing more.

The more I look at it, the more I pick it apart, so I just wont look at it. I do think the colors and dimension look better in person. the colors just dont look the same in the picture.

Funny story...I am left handed...which often presented a problem with some of the curves and lines painting, so I figured out how to just paint it upside down. It looked pretty funny.


...yeah, it does look better in person. or maybe i am just saying that. :) 
Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great for your first painting, Becky! Good job!

Diana Waite said...

This is GREAT!!

Devon said...

Wow there is nothing you cant do,,it looks beautiful..great job..

Tina said...

Rebecca
That is awesome! Great job.

Kelli Fisk said...

SO pretty, Rebecca! Great work (for a lefty - lol, Avery is a lefty too).

sherry said...

wow Rebecca I am amazed that you finished it in one day. To be first time oil painting is just awesome

Anonymous said...

You are just as good as Bob.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails