What you need:
tomato plant, preferably a small one 2 liter clean bottle hot glue hole punch wire heat gun (or you can skip that step) and pliers fabric, burlap, whatever potting soil tomato plant
flowers to plant on the top ribbon to finish the edges
- cut off the bottom of the 2 liter (you can reuse the bottom by making into a flower but thats a whole different post)
- punch four holes for the hanger
- carefully heat plastic and use pliers to invert the neck of bottle into itself
- cover bottle with fabric *and ribbon, this will dress it up and also help the lifespan of the bottle in the sun
- carefully place tomato plant at a bit of an angle inside the part you just inverted (the bottle opening) and fill up with potting soil. on the other side
- attach hanger
- water and hang!
Here it is in its tiny glory.
And the best part of this was, we don't need a tomato plant cage/stand because of gravity, we recycled and we used everything from what we already had! Pin It